Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hawaii! (Part One)

As my previous post suggested, I took my first trip to Hawaii last week. Long story short, it was a blast. Short story long (part one):


One of the first things I did with my parents was visit Pearl Harbor and sail out to the USS Arizona Memorial. The 70th anniversary of the Day of Infamy is coming up in a few weeks.


The list of the men that died for our country December 7, 1941.


Half of these men were on board the USS Arizona.


My view of a US Navy Battleship from the Arizona Memorial.
(You can sort of see a white buoy over by the battleship, that's where the remains of the Arizona ends)


The Arizona is still visible through the clear waters of Pearl Harbor.


Many of her crew members are still down there with her.


Amen.


Here is a hike we did on the last day. The name of the mountain is Coco Head. I'm pretty sure that means "Ha! You'll never be able to climb me." Yeah, it's as steep as it looks.



Diamond Head, we had climbed it a few days ago. Not as steep as Coco Head :-).



My view of the city from the top. I know how the name of the city is pronounced, but I can't spell it :-). (No, it's not Honolulu).


The Eastern Sea. Over there somewhere is China.


Here I'm at the top trying to look cool. (Right before my hat blew off. Almost got that on camera too.)


Big Shirt. Size 400XL. I didn't bother trying it on.

Sorry I only have two days worth of pictures. More will come soon :-).

5 comments:

  1. Nice pictures!
    The shirt looks like something Bradda Iz would wear...

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to part 2!!!

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I just noticed that across the eastern sea would be Oregon, which is what I thought in the first place, but then I remembered that Oregon is in the west and China is in the east. Hawaiians are so messed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the picture of you with your shorts a foot below your knees looking out over the city. And what's with the sunglasses? Trying to keep the clouds out of your eyes, Daniel? BTW it's time to post part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. When are you going to update? Part 2 is long over-due.

    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete