Today we'll start of with something simple, let's just define "Coffee" for those of you who don't know what it means: [kaw-fee, kof-ee]
–noun
1.
a beverage consisting of a decoction or infusion of the roasted ground or crushed seeds (coffee beans) of the two-seeded fruit (coffee berry) of certain coffee trees.
I know what you're thinking right now: "That was really lame", but don't worry, we'll get to some fun stuff like Cappucino, Mocha, Latte...
Ok never mind, those all mean "foofy man drink", so instead of Coffee, I'll come up with a definition line that's worth while. It might take me a few days though...
Stay tuned!
~Daniel
I know what you're thinking right now: "That was really lame", but don't worry, we'll get to some fun stuff like Cappucino, Mocha, Latte...
Ok never mind, those all mean "foofy man drink", so instead of Coffee, I'll come up with a definition line that's worth while. It might take me a few days though...
Stay tuned!
~Daniel
Hmmmm... that was... interesting.
ReplyDeleteI am not a coffee drinker and therefore don’t really have an interest in the definitions of coffee—but I must ask: “are you writing this dictionary?”
Now what are the Bisceglia’s going to say when they find out about this?!?!
I haven’t forgotten that it was you who says they always copyright their work… what if the Bisceglia’s catch you for plagiarism???
Oh well… more definitions please!
~Bethany
I got "Coffee" off of the Google dictionary :), I made up the "foofy man drink" part.
ReplyDeleteI don't think having a similar title counts as plagiarism, but if it helps I'll change it to "small portions of time with the book that defines nouns in the topic of 'coffee'". And yes, I have been spending a few moments with the thesaurus. Hey! Instead of dictionary, I'll do thesaurus!
Oh, and Bisceglias will never catch me! Muahahahaha!
~(Ha, you'll never guess who this is)
That's because I don't have to guess; I KNOW!
ReplyDeleteActaully, Shiloh and I came up with a shceme to get the Bisceglia's to post some picures... we decided not to comment on the dictionary posts. Well, that didn't work!!!
Oh, so it wasn't your definition! I thought, "Wow! That's a pretty good definition!" Hmmmm, you shouid be thanking Google! :)
Well, you are copying their idea. And how do you know they won't catch you?! You took their marvelous idea and changed it to your own...................
~Bethany
Whatever, I'm pretty sure they won't kill me for it :).
ReplyDeleteOh, if you want them to post pictures, call them up and tell them! I'm sure they would be able to find something to post. Boycotting isn't always the best way to get what you want... :).
Daniel
Alright... calling them to tell them that Daniel says to call and ask for pictures...
ReplyDelete::Picks up the phone and starts to dial::
Lol, yeah you do that...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow Daniel... Do you actually drink that stuff??? oh and BTW I thought you might enjoy Wikipedia's definition of coffee, it's longer than yours! I also thought you might like hearing that I've been to Ethiopia... they say they have the best coffee there... I don't know being that i don't drink it!!!
ReplyDeleteCoffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted seeds, called coffee beans, of the coffee plant. They are seeds of coffee cherries that grow on trees in over 70 countries, cultivated primarily in Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Africa. Green unroasted coffee is one of the most traded agricultural commodities in the world. Coffee can have a stimulating effect on humans due to its caffeine content. It is one of the most-consumed beverages in the world.
Ha ha, yes, I drink that stuff.
ReplyDeleteThe best coffee? or the original coffee :). "Best" is a matter of opinion...
Interesting definition, longer is definitely better.
Daniel
Is wondering why her brother deleted his first comment....
ReplyDeleteand is also wondering why Daniel only has one definition us-- Pssp! The Bisceglias are on number 10-- I thought this was a "rival". :D
Hey, I defined Coffee. I'm done. The Bisceglia's aren't done yet, therefore... I WIN!!!
ReplyDeleteOh yea! Your're right! Now to find a way to encourage them to stop the definitions.... ;)
ReplyDeleteThe Ethiopians really feel that theirs is the best... however, I don't drink it so I have no way of knowing...
ReplyDeleteJordan: Yeah... doesn't everybody? :)
ReplyDeleteEnd: Why? So you can get more pictures? lol
Now that it's been a month... are you ever going to do another definition?
ReplyDelete:)
~Bethany
First give me something to define :)
ReplyDeleteYou to define or Google to define?!? LOL!
ReplyDeleteHow about something hard? Or maybe result to doing riddles... that was fun!
What about those "foofy man drinks"? :)
~Bethany
www.google.com/dictionary
ReplyDeletehave fun :)
Hello, hello????? There seems to have been a disaster... Daniel isn't posting on his blog!!! J/K!
ReplyDeleteDisaster... yeah... imagine the worst thing in the world, and then imagine something ten times worse than that. That didn't happen. Life's great! I'll probably be posting something soon... (but it's a secret, I've chosen to be secretive) :).
ReplyDeleteDaniel
Are you trying to keep the secret that you don't know what to post?!?!
ReplyDelete~Bethany
Yeah really... I agree with Bethany... unless you're just having to much fun with the dictionary of music!!!!
ReplyDeleteI know what to post, I'm just waiting for the opportune moment.
ReplyDeleteWow, two against one... doesn't anybody want to be on my side?
Well... I'm under the impression that the moment has passed!!!
ReplyDeleteThe time has come!
ReplyDelete